Enjoy a 45-minute train ride through the Pennsylvania countryside in one of our regular train cars! A great excursion for the whole family.
- Adult Ages 12 and up
- Child Ages 2-11
Ring in the Season on the Christmas Trolley
Santa and his chief elf are stepping out of their busy workshop to take a very special trolley ride aboard the Strasburg Rail Road this Christmas season! Make your child’s visit with Santa an especially unique memory to be cherished for a lifetime.
This exclusive ride aboard the historic LO&S Motorcar affords children and their grown-ups the opportunity to visit with Old St. Nick in a magical “sleigh” of a very different sort. During the 45-minute trip to Paradise and back, children 11 years and younger will be able to have their professional photo taken with Santa as they talk with him about what they are looking forward to this Christmas.
As Santa’s decorated Christmas Trolley travels down the tracks through Lancaster County farmland, each child (age 11 and under) will have an opportunity to sit with Santa and have his/her photo taken. Once back at the station, families will be able to pick up their keepsake 5X7 photos of their children with Santa aboard the motorcar. All this is included in your ticket price.
All aboard for Santa’s Christmas Trolley!
Very limited seating. Advance purchase recommended. Book now for fast and convenient check out.
As COVID cases are on the rise, the Strasburg Rail Road wishes to ensure the health and safety of our Team Members and Guests.
– Our Team Members are wearing face masks to help protect themselves, our Guests, and co-workers.
– We ask that unvaccinated Guests wear a face mask for the duration of their visit to the Strasburg Rail Road. Guests who are fully vaccinated are urged to wear a face mask when aboard the train or when visiting our retail shops and Café 1832.
– Face masks may be removed when eating or drinking.
Thank you for helping to keep the Strasburg Rail Road a safe place to visit!
What’s the LO&S Motorcar?
- The restored 1915 Lancaster, Oxford & Southern Railcar was originally used on a three-foot gauge track in Southern Lancaster County.
- The self-propelled railcar runs on diesel fuel and was eventually converted to standard gauge (4′ 8-1/2″) before being obtained by the Strasburg Rail Road in 1962.
- Built by Sanders Machine Shop, the LO&S is truly one of a kind as no other car of the same design was ever manufactured.