COVID-19 Reopen Plan – Phase 1
June 2, 2020
Updated: June 19, 2020
We look forward to once again welcoming you aboard America’s oldest continuously operating railroad to enjoy the sights, sounds, and smells of early 20th-century steam railroading. Whether you’re a repeat Guest or someone visiting the Strasburg Rail Road for the first time, we look forward to safely creating memories with you soon.
Before you visit, please take the time to review the following procedures and policies. We expect these will be temporary, and we intend to modify them in phases as both health conditions and government leaders permit.
Our Promise and Our Expectation
The Strasburg Rail Road is committed to taking any and all necessary steps to maintain the health and safety of both our Guests and Team Members.
We’re doing our part to keep you safe, but we can’t do it alone. The success of our Reopen Plan requires the cooperation of all our Guests. Guests of The Strasburg Rail Road are invitees to private property and, as such, are required to follow all of our policies. Furthermore, in accordance with our current policies, our Guests help us ensure the health and safety of all by agreeing to the following:
- Guests who have been exposed to COVID-19 recently or have symptoms of COVID-19 (including a fever, cough, or shortness of breath) will not visit, and
- Guests who have underlying health conditions or are otherwise concerned about contracting COVID-19 acknowledge their option to not visit the Strasburg Rail Road.
New and Updated Policies Currently in Place
- Access to the Strasburg Rail Road requires pre-purchased tickets or advance reservations. Tickets and pass reservations are only available through StrasburgRailRoad.com or by calling 866-725-9666. Entry without a ticket or reservation is not permitted.
- Contactless Guest check-in will be conducted by Team Members at our main parking lot entrance. Guests will not check-in at the East Strasburg Station building.
- All Guests will undergo a temperature check before crossing from the parking lot into the Station and mall area. (Likewise, Team Members will undergo a temperature check and Health Assessment before the start of their shifts.) Any Guest or Team Member with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or greater will be denied entry.
- Face masks are required for all Guests over the age of two (2) years old, as well as all Team Members. Guests unwilling or unable to wear a face mask must refrain from visiting until the face mask requirement is lifted.
- Time between train departures is extended from the traditional 60 minutes to 90 minutes to allow time to thoroughly sanitize the train and to limit Guest density throughout our mall and retail spaces.
- Train capacity is reduced by limiting railcar capacity to no more than 50% of the available seats. Guests will be encouraged to social distance while onboard.
- Our picnic groves, playground, and our Fun Extras (Cranky Cars, Pint-sized Pufferbelly, and Pump Car) amusement rides are closed.
- Hand sanitizing stations are located throughout the property and on select railcars. Our public restrooms remain available for handwashing.
- Retail transactions must be cashless. Additionally, shields are installed at retail registers to protect both Guests and Team Members.
- Frequent and enhanced cleaning and sanitization is occurring throughout our property and railcars, with particular focus on high-touch areas.
- Signage throughout the property encourages social distancing, use of face masks, and good hand hygiene.
COVID-19 presents all of us with challenges we never could have imagined, but the Team at the Strasburg Rail Road is excited to safely welcome our Guests aboard! We are committed to the health and safety of our Guests and Team Members, and with your help, Strasburg Rail Road’s authentic steam railroading experience will continue to provide joy, hope, and inspiration for many generations to come.
Strasburg Rail Road Co.