Give your school or motorcoach group the chance to view scenic Lancaster County from aboard America’s oldest operating railroad! Hop on a pre-selected train accommodation of your choice for a narrated tour of our historic railroad. Learn about the history of our “short line” and the cultural roots of Amish Country as you enjoy an authentic steam railroad experience aboard our meticulously-restored passenger cars.
Our group accommodations include:
- Free motorcoach and automobile parking with easy access
- Choice of Coach, Open Air, Dining, or First Class cars
- Several meal options
- A counter-serving restaurant on the mall
- A 76-seat dining car, aboard the train, with lunch or dinner service available
- Two picnic groves, with abundant seating (ideal for groups of 100 or less), where your group can disembark and enjoy a leisurely picnic lunch. Bring your own or purchase a boxed lunch at our Restaurant. Call 717-687-6193 in advance for boxed lunches.
- An historic and attractive station
- Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania is just across the road
Be sure to ask about our NEW Iron Horse & Amish Farm Tour! Click the link for more information.
Groups: 15-person group minimum; one payee
Reservations: Advance reservations required (walk-on groups will be accommodated according to availability)
Timing: We recommend arriving at the property at least 45 minutes before your scheduled train departs. The ride is approximately 45 minutes. Groups must arrive at least 30 minutes prior to train departure to guarantee seating.
Arrival: Group leaders should go directly to head of the line at station and let ticket agent know your group has arrived. The agent will process your group. Minor children must be accompanied by their supervisors at all times.
Physical Disability Access: We can accommodate persons with physical disability, but we have some restrictions. Please call in advance to discuss your needs.
Restrooms: Restrooms are available at our mall complex as well as on the train.
Please note: Group discounts do not apply to special events, including but not limited to: Wine & Cheese, Easter Bunny Train, The Great Train Robbery, Night Before Christmas Train, Santa’s Paradise Express or Day Out With Thomas events. Strasburg Rail Road will facilitate the purchase of special event tickets for groups, requiring full payment at the time of purchase. Strasburg Rail Road cannot guarantee groups will be seated together on special event trains nor will Red Cap service be provided.
For more information email Group Sales or call 717-687-6193.