Iron Horse & Amish Farm Tour
Experience Lancaster County’s original IRON HORSE & AMISH FARM Tour!
Nestled deep in the heart of Amish Country sits a genuine hidden gem of Lancaster County. Escape the hustle and bustle of today’s world as you immerse yourself in the authentic simple life that made Lancaster County so famous. Experience the extraordinary with a visit to the Strasburg Rail Road and Old Windmill Farm!
Join us at the historic Strasburg Rail Road for a relaxing 45-minute, fully narrated, round trip steam train ride through picturesque Lancaster County. Ride aboard our unique train in one of our beautifully-restored wooden passenger cars pulled by one of our 100-year-old steam locomotives. Sit back and relax as you travel through 2,500 acres of preserved Amish farmland, steaming your way through the bucolic countryside–just like many generations have done for nearly two centuries–as you make your way to Paradise, Pennsylvania. The endless scenic farmland vistas will captivate you on this truly unique Lancaster County experience.
Upon your return, the Amish culture comes alive, interactive, and personal like never before as you visit with the Lapp family for an exclusive 45-minute tour of their private Old Windmill Farm! Want to milk a cow or feed farm animals? Here is your chance! Groups of all sizes can explore this genuine, centuries-old Amish family farm and learn more about their simple way of life. As you walk through the authentic 72-acre Amish farm you will see a 1700s farmhouse, cattle, mules, chickens, goats, sheep, and more!
This exclusive tour provides your group the opportunity to experience the best of Lancaster County heritage and culture in one simple package!
This Exclusive tour package includes a 45-minute train ride on the Strasburg Rail Road and a personalized group tour of the quaint Old Windmill Farm.
Important Group Tour Disclaimers
- Accommodating groups of 15 or more guests.
- Motorcoach parking is available at both locations and groups of all sizes can be accommodated.
- Public restrooms are available at the Strasburg Rail Road. Old Windmill Farm does not have public restrooms; port-a-pots are available at the Farm.
- Due to the authentic nature of the working farm, there are some mobility limitations. Please contact us directly to discuss any accessibility or mobility needs for either the train ride or farm tour.
- Out of respect for and in acknowledgment of our Amish neighbors’ religious beliefs, the Iron Horse & Amish Farm tour is not offered on Sundays. Furthermore, tour guests should respect the privacy of the Lapp family and their personal home; tour groups will not be permitted to enter the family’s home.
Sample Itinerary of Your Group Tour (This is just a sample. Contact us to customize your group’s itinerary!)
(allow 3 hours minimum)
12:30 PM Arrive at the Strasburg Rail Road, America’s oldest continuously operating railroad.
12:45 PM Board your beautifully-restored train car.
1:00 PM Your steam train departs.
1:45 PM Your train returns to the Strasburg Rail Road Station. Time is allotted for a restroom break and browsing the gift shops.
2:15 PM Return to your motorcoach, at which time we will provide a brief 7-10 minute introduction on Lancaster County’s Amish culture.
2:25 PM Drive to Old Windmill Farm.
2:30 PM Your group arrives at Old Windmill Farm. Conducted by a member(s) of the Lapp family, guests will enjoy this completely authentic tour of a Lancaster County Amish farm.
3:30 PM Depart Old Windmill Farm.
Book your group today, or contact us for more information!