Running ONLY on the above dates, take a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to tour Amish Country behind the Queen of Steam, Norfolk & Western Class J locomotive #611 in our general accommodation train.
- Fire Up 611 Experience Ages 14+
See the Queen of Steam!
Come and fire up N&W Class J 611! Be right in the midst of the action as we light off 611 and put fire in the belly of the Queen of Steam!
Spend your day and interact with 611 and her crew.
Presentations along with question and answer sessions will occur throughout the day, and once there is enough steam pressure, participants will get to blow 611’s whistle.
There may be a few surprises along the way, so plan to spend your day with Norfolk & Western’s epitome of form and function, the 611!
Participants will receive a firing manual and printed diagram of N&W Class J 611.
Food from our Cafe1832 will be provided to each Fire Up 611 Experience participant.
Pre-registration is required. There will be no onsite sales. Sales cut off 48 hours before the start of the tour.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION & REQUIREMENTS
- Participants must arrive no later than 6:30 a.m.
- Fire-up of the locomotive will occur promptly at 7:00 am.
- Class/Tour runs until 4:00pm.
- All guests must be 14 years old or older.
- Closed-toed shoes and long pants are required.
- Participants must sign a release before the start of the experience.
- Cafe1832 will provide food for Fire Up 611 Experience ticket holders. Participants may also pack additional food or may purchase additional food from our onsite Cafe1832.
All sales are final. There are NO REFUNDS OR EXCHANGES.