New for Steampunk unLimited 2016!
We have Bavarian king Maximilian I to thank for the advent of the Biergarten, a German custom originally dating back to the early 1800s. But what became wildly popular in Germany didn’t take long to spread to all corners of the European continent, and today one can find thriving biergartens around the globe.
In the spirit of the “biergarten,” Strasburg Rail Road’s Bierzug presents traditional German fare and a selection of beers served aboard our beautifully restored train accommodations. For each patron purchasing a ticket for our Dining, Lounge, or Parlor cars, a complimentary beer and soft pretzel will be served. A unique selection of beers will be available, and patrons may purchase additional German-inspired food.
Beers featured on the Bierzug
- Festbier – Victory Brewing Company – Downingtown, PA
- Imperial Pumpkin Ale – Weyerbacher Brewing Company – Easton, PA
- Yuengling [Traditional] Lager – D. G. Yuengling & Son – Pottsville, PA
- Rail Spike IPA – Rusty Rail Brewing Company – Mifflinburg, PA
Bierzug Menu (* Asterisk items only available on “Bierzug Dining”)
- Bratwurst – authentically seasoned
- Pierogi* – traditional potato pierogi fried to a golden brown and seasoned with a salt, pepper, and garlic blend
- Latkes Daughin – a twist on a German favorite; potatoes are seasoned in latke fashion, then deep fried to a golden brown
- Meat & Cheese Board – featuring a selection of ham, sausage, and cheeses along with sweet gherkins and spicy mustard
- German Potato Salad* – seasoned with vinegar and spices, combined with diced bacon
- Sauerbraten Stew – tender chunks of pot roast marinated in vinegar and spices, combined with vegetables and potatoes
- Apple Strudel – diced apples in a flaky puff pastry, flavored with cinnamon and sugar
Also aboard – Erick Hershey performing magic just for you at your table. One beer and pretzel included with ticket purchase. Additional food and beverage sold separately.
Enjoy a limited selection of food and beverage from our Bierzug Menu aboard the comfortable Lounge Car. One beer and pretzel included with ticket. Additional food and beverage sold separately.
Supranatural Pub Quiz
Study up for the “Supranatural Pub Quiz” aboard the Parlor Car. Your host, Professor Mark P. Donnelly, will present a general trivia team quiz on the mythic, mystical, gruesome, ghastly, occult and obscure. One beer and pretzel included with ticket. Additional food and beverage sold separately.
Also, running at ten o’clock aboard Strasburg Rail Road’s President’s Car is Escape the Train!