Enjoy a 45-minute train ride through the Pennsylvania countryside in one of our regular train cars! A great excursion for the whole family.
- Per Person Ages 2+
- Infants | Must sit on your lap during the ride Ages 0-1
Take a Train Ride with Thomas the Tank Engine
Join Thomas the Tank Engine™, a full-sized operating steam locomotive, as he greets friends of all ages. Thomas, Percy, and their friends return to the Strasburg Rail Road April 29 – May 2, 2022; June 17 – 20, 2022; September 16 – 19, 2022.
Thomas the Tank Engine — the famous steam locomotive from the Island of Sodor — will pull your 45-minute excursion ride (4.5 miles east and 4.5 miles returning west on the same track) through the beautiful Lancaster County countryside.
This is the full 45-minute train ride to Paradise, Pennsylvania pulled by the fully operational steam Thomas the Tank Engine.
As COVID cases are on the rise, the Strasburg Rail Road wishes to ensure the health and safety of our Team Members and Guests.
– Our Team Members are wearing face masks to help protect themselves, our Guests, and co-workers.
– We ask that unvaccinated Guests wear a face mask for the duration of their visit to the Strasburg Rail Road. Guests who are fully vaccinated are urged to wear a face mask when aboard the train or when visiting our retail shops and Café 1832.
– Face masks may be removed when eating or drinking.
Thank you for helping to keep the Strasburg Rail Road a safe place to visit!
- April 29, 2022
- April 30, 2022
- May 1, 2022
- May 2, 2022
- June 17, 2022
- June 18, 2022
- June 19, 2022
- June 20, 2022
- September 16, 2022
- September 17, 2022
- September 18, 2022
- September 19, 2022
- Ages 2+: $23.00 – Includes Thomas train ride and all Day Out With Thomas event activities.
- Infant (0-1): Free but must sit on laps during the ride
Separate photo opportunities with THOMAS, PERCY, and RUSTY. Other activities include a visit with Sir Topham Hatt, play pods, a dance party, and more!
All tickets must be pre-purchased online. There will be no onsite sales. The Thomas ticket does not include admission to the Railroad Museum of Pennsylvania nor does it include a ride aboard the regular steam train.
Our standard coaches are beautifully restored in authentic Victorian style. Enjoy the comfort of potbelly stove heat during cold days. During warmer weather, open the windows for some fresh air.