On this 45-minute train ride, enjoy freshly prepared food on board while relaxing in air-conditioned comfort. You don’t want to pass up this experience!
- June 1 to Labor Day
DINNER ON THE RAILS BY CAFÉ 1832
- Dinner with Train Ride
Under the direction of Café 1832’s Executive Team,
enjoy a freshly prepared and elegant meal
aboard Strasburg Rail Road’s historic Lee E. Brenner Dining Car
during a 45-minute steam train ride.
- Sophisticated dining experience aboard the historic Lee E. Brenner Dining Car
- A 45-minute steam train ride through the picturesque Amish Country
- A special menu prepared by Café 1832 (see the menu offering below) and served by a First Class attendant
- One (1) non-alcoholic drink, per person. (Additional alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks available for purchase.)
- Train fare, PA State Sales tax, and gratuity
The Menu for Summer 2023
Starters — Choice of:
- House Side Salad
- Caesar Side Salad
Entrées— Choice of:
- Chicken Cordon Bleu — Grilled Boneless Chicken Breast topped with Sweet Honey Ham finished with a Swiss Cheese sauce, accompanied by the chef’s selection of starch, a seasonal vegetable, and a non-alcoholic drink.
- Pot Roast — Slow-roasted, fork-tender roast beef with mushroom pan gravy, accompanied by the chef’s selection of starch, a seasonal vegetable, and a non-alcoholic drink.
- Seared Atlantic Salmon — Served with apple cider glaze, and accompanied by the chef’s selection of starch, a seasonal vegetable, and a non-alcoholic drink.
- Vegan Bolognese — A hearty vegan pasta sauce with vibrant tomato flavor and a meaty plant-based texture. Served over pasta.
Sweets — Choice of:
- Cheesecake with Cherry Topping
- Strawberry Shortcake
- One (1) non-alcoholic drink is included with each ticket. Additional alcoholic and/or non-alcoholic drinks may be purchased during the train ride.
Lee E. Brenner Dining Car
The Lee E. Brenner Dining Car — America’s oldest operating all-wood dining railcar — recreates the traditional dining experience you would have experienced aboard an early 20th-century railroad. During the Edwardian era, dining on the rails was quite sophisticated. What now serves as Strasburg Rail Road’s dining car was built by the Laconia Car Company in 1926 and ran on the Boston & Maine Railroad until 1972. After its retirement in 1972, it arrived at the Strasburg Rail Road. It was rebuilt in 1993 and renamed for Strasburg’s second president, Lee E. Brenner.
If you would like to discuss any specific questions or special accommodations you may have about the menu or food preparation,
please contact Café 1832 directly please call 717-687-6242 or email [email protected] Due to the nature of the dining experience and train car, any special requests or accommodations not discussed prior to the day of cannot be guaranteed.
ATTENTION: Please note that all Wine & Cheese passengers must be age 21 or older with a proper photo ID to board the train. Each guest will be carded pursuant to state law. In addition, in accordance with Pennsylvania law, alcohol can only be served during the train ride. Alcoholic drinks must be consumed before exiting the train; alcohol is not permitted off the train. Strasburg Rail Road is not permitted to serve alcoholic drinks while the train is berthed in the Station.