Celebrate Easter at Strasburg Rail Road
Excitement is in the air at America’s oldest continuously operating railroad. Easter weekend brings a sense of renewal, from the smell of the fresh country air and spring flowers, to the anticipation on the faces of little ones as they prepare for a journey they won’t soon forget.
Welcome to the Easter Bunny Train, a unique and memorable way to celebrate the holiday with family and friends. This train is extra special because the conductor is none other than Peter Cottontail.
Your excursion begins aboard a historical steam train. Comfortably seated on an authentically restored passenger car, your family is treated to a 45-minute train ride through the heart of Pennsylvania Amish Country. You’ll travel through more than 2,500 acres of beautiful farmland and past Amish homesteads, a one-room schoolhouse, and fields getting ready to bare a bountiful harvest.
As you travel, the Easter Bunny will hop from car to car spreading Easter happiness to the little ones on board. And while seeing the Easter Bunny always brings a smile, it’s the special Easter surprise that really makes the little ones happy. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the moment or feel free to shoot a few selfies to share on Facebook and Instagram. If you tag @StrasburgRailRoad, the railroad can share photos of your family enjoying your day on the rails.
Tips to enjoy your visit aboard the Easter Bunny Train:
- Reserve your tickets in advance. To eliminate crowded lines at the ticket window and ensure allowable capacities aren’t exceeded, all tickets must be pre-purchased online at Strasburgrailroad.com. This is just one effort to keep Guests safe. In addition to reduced capacity to maintain social distancing, all Guests and Team Members are required to wear a face mask while on the property. Guests are encouraged to review the complete safety policy before arriving.
- Select the best seats for your family. There are several car options available for your family. Choose from Coach, the Dining Car, or the premium First Class cars. Each car offers a unique experience to visit with the Easter Bunny.
- Avoid the rush. Trains depart on time at 11am, 12:30pm, 2pm, and 3:30pm, with boarding beginning 15-minutes before each departure. Make sure you allow plenty of time to park your car in the free parking lot and enjoy a leisurely stroll around our platform. You can even get an up-close view of our mighty steam engine as she prepares for your trip.
- Enjoy our newly opened Café 1832. Located on the platform of Strasburg Rail Road, Café 1832 is the perfect setting for lunch, dinner, or just a quick bite. The Café offers scratch-made menu options featuring fresh ingredients for a superbly quality experience. Vegetarian and gluten-free options are available. Insiders tip: The Smashburger is the fan favorite.
- Save time to shop. Don’t forget to visit the general store or toy store to take home a souvenir or special gift to remember your visit. You’ll find an assortment of products, including train-related gifts, books, classic toys, apparel, and fun items representative of your visit to Lancaster County. There is truly something for everyone!
To make Strasburg Rail Road part of your Easter tradition, visit the Easter Bunny Train April 2-4, 2021. For more information visit StrasburgRailRoad.com