Skip to primary navigation Skip to content Skip to footer



Constructed in 1904 for the Boston & Main Railroad, Coach No. 70 served on several railroads before coming to the Strasburg Rail Road in 1969.

This car appeared in Thomas and the Magic Railroad in 1999.

Year Built: August 1904

Maker: Pullman Car Company

Length: 66 feet, 11 inches

Weight: 97,983 lbs.

Year Arrived at Strasburg: January 1969

Entered Passenger Service: Spring 1971

Significance of Name: Named Cherry Crest in honor of the historic farm just along the line halfway between Strasburg and Leaman Place.

Coach train car parked on the tracks.
Inside view of the coach train car.