Santa’s Paradise Express
- December 5, 2020
- December 6, 2020
- December 12, 2020
- December 13, 2020
- December 19, 2020
- December 20, 2020
- December 24, 2020
- All Ages: $33.00(President's Car)
- All Ages: $31.00(Parlor Car)
- All Ages: $31.00(Lounge Car)
- Adult (12+): $21.50(Coach)
- Child (2-11): $15.50(Coach)
- Infant (0-1): $4.50(Coach)
- Private Charter: Varies(First Class options are sold out. COCAH CAR option is available. Call for details.)
- Private Charter: $250.00(Limited availability on our Caboose)
Boarding times are 15 minutes before departure times
Santa Claus welcomes you and passengers of all ages aboard America’s oldest operating railroad for a truly magical steam train and Christmas experience!
A Christmas tradition for over 60 years continues as the historic Strasburg Rail Road welcomes a very special visitor this holiday season. Santa Claus will climb aboard our vintage steam train to greet families as they travel down the tracks to Paradise, Pennsylvania, and back. Children ages 11 and under will receive a small gift from Santa and his helper during this nostalgic 45-minute train ride.
Santa’s Paradise Express includes more than just your festive train excursion! Visitors of all ages will be charmed as they enjoy storybook readings of holiday classics at the “North Pole Annex.” And don’t miss Mrs. Claus who will also be available at the North Pole Annex from 12-4 PM to help children finalize their letters to Santa! Bring a self-addressed, stamped, unsealed, regular-sized envelope and we’ll make sure Santa mails a personal reply to each boy and girl on his list.
Rides aboard our Pint-sized Pufferbelly and the Cranky Cars will be available too (weather permitting).
All this is included with your Santa’s Paradise Express ticket! Ho, ho, ho!
New this year:
- Strasburg Rail Road modified its departure schedule to accommodate designated time to clean and sanitize the train between trips.
- Each train car’s capacity has been reduced to 50% with no more than 34 people on any given train car.
- Santa will be also be wearing a mask, but rest assured he’ll be smiling a lot under his mask. (Because the “big man” himself is wearing a mask, all Guests are required to wear one too.)
- In an effort to keep everyone safely apart and reduce the number of performers on the train, our Carolers and Musicians will be singing and performing outside in the mall area near the Station.
The Strasburg Rail Road features a variety of meticulously-restored train accommodations including our business class President’s Car, First Class Parlor, and Lounge cars, a Dining car, and a fleet of beautifully-restored wooden Coaches. For the comfort of our passengers, all cars are heated with historic pot-bellied coal stoves, just like the old days! Pre-purchase your tickets to ensure your preferred accommodation and train departure time as part of a fun, old-fashioned Christmas!