Donation Request Form
Thank you for your inquiry about a donation from America’s oldest operating railroad—the Strasburg Rail Road Company. The Strasburg Rail Road is a locally-owned, for-profit company that values the work of non-profit organizations as they strive to enrich our community.
For us to consider providing tickets for your non-profit’s special event, please complete the online form below. You may also mail a formal request—including specific type of event, actual fundraiser date, organization Tax ID, and how the Strasburg Rail Road relates to your event, written on your organization’s letterhead to:
Strasburg Rail Road
P.O. Box 96
Strasburg, Pennsylvania 17579
Please note: Due to cyber safety, attachment-only emails or emails with no explanation in the body of the email explaining the nature of the communication will be automatically deleted.
Please submit a donation request between 6 and 8 weeks from your scheduled event date (or submission deadline) to allow time for review, processing, and mailing.
The Strasburg Rail Road shall consider an organization eligible for a donation if the organization is:
- A federally licensed 501c3 non-profit, charitable agency.
- An organization that directly impacts children’s education or helps children at risk.
- A volunteer fire company, law enforcement charitable organization, charitable foundations directly benefiting military personnel (and veterans) and their immediate families, emergency medical services, or a medical charitable foundation.
- A non-partisan civic organization working to raise funds for an organization with the above qualifiers.
- A non-profit historical society, historical site, or library actively working to preserve and/or recreate America’s heritage.
- An organization whose stated mission aligns with the mission and work of the Strasburg Rail Road.
Preference shall be given to requests from organizations located within the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and/or organizations located in the tristate area.
The Strasburg Rail Road will not donate to individuals, sport teams, churches, political organizations, political parties or candidates, or to any organization that would suggest the Strasburg Rail Road were for or against an issue deemed controversial. The Strasburg Rail Road reserves the right to accept or deny any or all donation requests.
If the Strasburg Rail Road decides to grant your organization tickets, you shall receive a maximum of two (2) complimentary regular train Coach class Strasburg Rail Road tickets, accompanied by a congratulatory letter, no more than one (1) month prior to your scheduled event.
The Strasburg Rail Road cannot honor requests asking for ticket to our special event trains, including, but not limited to, Easter Bunny trains, Santa Paradise Express trains, Night Before Christmas trains, Murder Mystery and other special dinner train offerings, Wine & Cheese trains, and Day Out With Thomas™ events.
Simply submitting a request does not ensure it will be filled; not all requests will be filled. The Strasburg Rail Road Company grants requests for complimentary tickets based on availability. Complimentary tickets should be treated as cash; lost or stolen ticket cannot be replaced.
Once your donation request has been received (either online, through email, or through standard mail), you shall receive a confirmation email acknowledging your request. Due to the volume of the requests, we respectfully ask that you refrain from following up to check on the status of the request.